Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bill you are on notice

I am getting a bit sick of the memory leaks, vulnrablities of Windows OS and the persistant requirement to add whatever MS decides is a good idea (.net framework 1.0 to 4.5, Silverlight, etc). Unfortunately it appears even more are coming with Win8.

At the moment I am moving away from vendor dependant apps into the open space. This is the only way I can be assured that the functionality I require can be maintained under my current OS and hopefully developed for any future OS.

I have some pretty mad requirements for my OS
  • Minimal kernel foot print that doesnt clog up with crap
  • Low latency under my high use demands
  • Run for days without gradual increasing utilisation of resources (memory/CPU)
  • When you shut down apps ... memory frees up
  • When you uninstall apps ... no residual crap
Bill you have to harden up or I will look at other operating systems :>

No comments:

Post a Comment